Sunday, March 07, 2010

Snapshot: breakfast of a 27yr old male... with CF!

This morning I ate a marvelous breakfast (IMO) - but it would probably overwhelm most people.
I started with leftover teriyaki meatballs, over rice:
Then I went to leftover pesto tilapia with fingerling potatoes, and broccoli+cauliflower+carrots. This was good, but wasn't "enough"... so I enhanced it by melting 3 or 4 slices of American cheese over the top, and adding garlic salt. Still something was missing... so I sprinkled it with real bacon bits. Perfecto!
My wife woke up shortly after I consumed all of this - and I wanted to make something special for her... so I whipped up a batch of blueberry pancakes. After seeing how much she raved over them, I was convinced to eat some myself. And so I ate 2 plate-sized pancakes, topped with butter, blackberries, and maple syrup. Washed down by a tall glass of milk.

I think this would probably kill a normal human, but I just felt a little sleepy. No stomach aches. 
Yes, I kept it all down.

No comments: